Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Boob Talk

Creating offspring opens you up to all sorts of stupidity in the way of unwarranted commenting. People love to offer advice about things they know nothing about. By far, the commentary on nursing is the best. And by best, of course, I mean most ridiculous. Following are my three favorite bizarre breastfeeding “tips” I have personally received:

You can’t nurse her when she goes to kindergarten!
Well, if you are just talking logistics and milk production, technically, one *can* do this, but WE have chosen not to. E weaned around age 3 (after over a year of only nursing once a day, or once every other day). J weaned around age 2 (during my pregnancy with A). A is only 3.5 months old, so it will be a while before weaning is even considered. I hope to continue to nurse him until at least age 2.

Well, you can’t just whip it out wherever you want! (For crap’s sake, decency!)
Don’t worry; I have this one covered. No, literally . . . my baby’s head is bigger than my breast. Even with full nursing boobs, it would be a stretch to call myself a B-cup. Nothing exposed. No whipping of any kind to be had.

Your son will nurse better/longer/more ferociously because he is a boy and males like breasts!
Whiskey? Tango? Foxtrot? I don’t even know where to begin with this one.

Pin It!

2 comments :

  1. I had the same thought when i read the first commentary. "Well, actually you *can* and people do..."

    ::giggle::

    Jessica G

    ReplyDelete
  2. "it would be a stretch to call myself a B-cup. Nothing exposed. No whipping of any kind to be had." Yeah, me too! :D

    ReplyDelete