Friday, September 9, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (6)

Quick Takes time once again. Hop over to Jennifer's blog to read her Takes and then scroll down to check out some other great bloggers. Happy reading!

1. Week one of Home Kindergarten is mostly over and we mostly survived. A summary of our week can be found here.

2. Very irritated this week with Random People Who Think They Have the Inside Scoop on God. Please get over thyself.

3. On a related note, this morning I unsubscribed from and "unliked" the FB page of a blog I used to love reading. Why? Lately it became so . . . disappointing . . . I just couldn't bring myself to read it anymore. Very stereotypical and judgmental . . . I just don't have time for that kind of negativity.

4. I'm having trouble getting past the "we don't have to do things at a specific time or on someone else's schedule" aspect of homeschooling. It's a hard habit to break.

5. Hubby is on "duty" this week, so he worked on Labor day and will be working this weekend. Not sure what the Agents and I will do Saturday and Sunday, but it may include a trip to the movies to see Winnie the Pooh. We have never had success with going to the movie theater, so why I think it will work now, I'm not sure.

6. The girl were playing "travel" with their stuffed animals this morning. They get in the car, sometimes stop for lunch, and then finally make it to the hotel, where the Daddy Bear goes to check in and get the luggage and Mommy Bear gives the kids a snack. Sometimes they take a plane instead, just to mix it up a bit. Cannot imagine where they got that from.

The view from our ship as we pulled into Malta
7. For my early morning Bible reading I'm finishing up Acts right now . . . almost done and not sure what book to move on to next, but probably something from the OT; it's been a while. I love reading about places Paul travels and thinking we were there (or are planning to go there). Our November travels will have stops in Greece and Egypt and Turkey (including a visit to the house of the Virgin Mary). Earlier this summer we visited Malta, the island where Paul was shipwrecked on his way to Rome. Love that I am able to share this with my children.

Pin It!

3 comments :

  1. How about a dip into "Joel" for your next reading? It's buried in the small prophets in the OT, but it's pretty compelling.

    Good luck if you go to the movies! I still haven't had the guts to take my two boys (almost 3). My daughter (4 1/2), my wife, and I went to Winnie the Pooh--it was her first. She loved it. It was a sweet little flick, but nothing beats The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I get misty at the last scene every dang time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I go on your trip with you? Turkey is beautiful, a lot to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously have such admiration for those who homeschool. I can't imagine being able to pull that off. God bless!

    ReplyDelete