Just call this one the Kind of Boring Random Edition . . . I am writing this on Friday morning at 6:00 and I am not feeling very together.
6. Homeschooling Month One is almost finished. So far, so good. As usual I will be writing a wrap-up later today and linking at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.
1. In a previous Takes I mentioned I stopped reading one of my favorite writers/bloggers because of some things that were . . . offensive? (not really the right word) . . . inaccurate? (well, yes, kind of) . . . disappointing? (I think that is closer) . . . judgmental? (now we're getting somewhere) . . . alienating? (maybe that's it). Well, it's happening again. I'm saddened that both women are Christian writers who reach a lot of readers and could be spreading so much joy. Yet, I have seen their writing in a new light recently and I'm not liking what has come into focus.
2. Hubby and I are being social with some of his work peeps tonight. Agents will be in attendance as well. I hear lots of food will be involved, so that's good.
3. Went all neurotic planner this week and came up with a weekly cleaning list and a meal rotation. Go me.
4. Along with the planning theme, I also worked a bit on revising my blog calendar. Going to try a few new things for October and see how it goes. Then I will be traveling for much of November and December and all my good intentions will go right out the window and I'll start over with a new plan in January anyway.
5. My daughter played her first computer games this week. (She's five. I'm not sure when other parents introduce such things?) How much of a geek does it make me if I only let her use my computer (which is a Mac) and not my husband's (which is, um, not)?
|This is kinda how I'm feeling this week . . . a mess|
7. Anyone have success with wearing an older baby in a Moby? I bought one when I was pregnant with A (who will be 11 months tomorrow) and I have yet to figure it out. The material seems too thick, I am too uncoordinated to wrap it correctly, and/or he is just too moose-y (23 pounds, about 10.5 kg) . . . although it claims to go up to much heavier. Anyway, I've been trying the "sling hold" and I'm beginning to think it's User Error. Perhaps I will pass it along to Someone Who Knows What She Is Doing.
Thanks for reading and have a blessed day.