Friday, February 10, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (22)

Welcome to 7 Quick Takes Friday, hosted again this week at Betty Beguiles while Jennifer at Conversion Diary powers through book writing crunch time.

1. Agent E has been on this kick where she declares "days" with a specific focus. We recently had Help Day, Art Day, Painting Day, Hug Day, Reading Day, and Book Day. I'm not sure of the distinction for some of these; for instance, how Reading Day is different from Book Day. But I go with it.

2. Am I the only one who does not get this whole Ryan Gosling photos with deep thoughts thing? (I had to Google him; I had no idea who he was. Then I was like, Oh! That guy from The Notebook!) Seriously, someone please enlighten me.

Painting Day
3. I saw the movie The Notebook in an actual theater.

4. This week I packed up two bins of toys just because I'm tired of moving them around. I know some folks swear by the "rotate toys" method of keeping things under control. I think they may be on to something. 

5. When we move this summer, we are hoping to have a dedicated play/school room. The girls also want their own bedroom. (Currently, they sleep on a mattress on the floor in our room.) We'll see how this all plays out.

6. I'm wondering if E would sleep longer in the mornings if she were in a different room? She is a light sleeper and wakes up the second I climb out of bed. Even if it's 4:00 a.m.

Reading Day . . . or was it Book Day?
7. Case in point: She joined me in the living room this morning just after four, although she is asleep on the couch right now. For a short while, anyway, until her siblings wake up, and then all bets are off.

p.s. I think this may have been my lamest Quick Takes ever. Clearly we've had a pretty boring week here. Sigh.

1 comment :

  1. I don't get the Ryan Gosling photos either. So glad to hear I'm not the only one!

    I love Agent E's "days"!

    ReplyDelete