Friday, February 24, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (23)

Welcome to 7 Quick Takes Friday, being hosted once again by Jennifer at Conversion Diary. Be sure to check out her post and read some of the other bloggers linked there.

1. This week I wrote more advice to my former self, this time a letter to myself while pregnant for the first time. I previously mused to my former teenage self as well as my new mom self. 

2. Been pretty-ing up the blog a bit . . . turned it purple (Agent E's favorite color), updated some labels/categories, and added some fancy heart buttons. Also working right now to add a tab of my favorite online resources. Of course what this means is I have been doing more puttering and less writing.

3. I've decided I'm going to make an effort to understand Twitter. I have an account but I never use it. (I have my Facebook statuses set up to automatically post there, though, so it looks like I do. Maybe? Any tips for a totally clueless tweeter?

4. On a related note, I just blocked someone from my Twitter account because I had about 20 (no kidding) tweets/retweets from this person (someone I don't even know personally) in less than two hours. So, not only is/was she totally overtaking my homepage, she was reposting c-r-a-p from people I don't care about saying things I don't have any desire to know. Okay, on second thought maybe I don't want to make an effort to understand this better.

Agent J "helping" Agent A with lunch
5. Still reading Psalms. Actually, I read about one third of Psalms, then read all of Revelation, and now I'm back to Psalms. In the past year or so that I've been reading the Bible every morning I've made my way through the entire New Testament and about 15-16 books of the Old Testament (most of these the shorter, minor prophets toward the end of the OT). I only read a chapter or two at a time and re-read/highlight/contemplate a lot so I don't move through the text very fast.

6. I'm also reading A Year With Jesus.

7. It's been a few days since it last rained, so the playground should be dry, and it's finally warm, so we will definitely be heading out on our Friday park/library/lunch adventure today. Assuming I can get all three Agents and myself dressed and ready and out the door. Sometimes it seems we spend more time preparing to leave than we do out and about.

7 comments :

  1. 1 - I need to write some letters like that. I always sound dumb when I tell myself you'll be living in a mansion with a doctor husband lol

    2 - It looks nice I love purple :) my blog is purple too

    3 - I love twitter a little bit too much I probably can give you some tips. I also went to Twitcleaner and it told me who I should stop following and why (spammy, etc. you don't have to just opinions) and then it tells you how you're doing on twitter and what you can do to improve it's pretty neat.

    6 - I LOVE Booksneeze! I love that I can get ebooks with them. The book I have right now isn't as good as the last one but I'll live.

    Stopping by from Conversion diary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally need a Kindle so I can get e-books from them. I request hard copies, which they offer very few of to begin with, combined with the fact that they send them media mail and I live overseas . . . let's just say it's not a very efficient process.

      Delete
    2. I got a Kindle and I really, really enjoy it. I didn't realize you can get e-books from Booksneeze! I'm going to have to check it out; I'd heard of it once before but it didn't really "click."

      Delete
  2. I am with you on the Twitter thing! I have an account, I have people "following," and I "follow" others. But I feel a little like I'm in middle school trying to find people to sit with me at lunch (and talk to me!). I've pretty much given up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same as Leanne says about Twitter. I didn't know I could automatically post my Facebook statuses there. That might help... I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I set it up when I created the FB page for my blog, and for the life of me I have no idea how. If it weren't for that, I would NEVER use it. Even now, I feel ridiculously silly going in and "following" people on Twitter that I've been "following" on FB for years. It seems kind of redundant.

      Delete
  4. I feel you on how it takes forever to go anywhere, I have an 8 wk old and 3 yr old. I remember pre-kids days when I always snickered at "that lady" who had the boat load of kids, stuff, and was NEVER on time. I'm now THAT LADY! I usually plan for it to take forever to get anywhere but I still always find myself barely making it to wherever by the skin of my teeth.

    ReplyDelete