Friday, May 4, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (30)

Time for another Quick Takes Friday post. Please stop by Jennifer's blog and check out her post and some of the others linked there.

Today's Quick Takes were going to have a theme, but I decided to go with random instead. Maybe next week.

1. Agent E turns six today. Ah, my test baby. You know, the first . . . the trail-and-error one. I think she's coming along just fine, actually. Smart and funny and a little crazy, too. Keeping me on my toes since her birth, when she decided to pop out three weeks and one day early. After hearing for the entire pregnancy, oh the first one is never early. Bah.

Agent E at 4 months (the day of her baptism)
2. Hubby had to go out of town this week, and I could not sleep without him. (Last night I went to bed at 11:30 and I've been up—as in out of bed, coffee made, working on my writing and puttering on Facebook—since 3:45. Hmm . . . maybe I'm just too dependent on him at night. Perhaps I need to learn to self-soothe. After all, I am nearly 40 years old. Oh, wait . . .

3. I need to start writing down things the Agents talk about . . . they will have these conversations, so breathtakingly funny and serious at the same time, but I never remember them exactly. I'm sure it would make a great Quick Takes, though.

4. In moving news, we ship our car this coming week. Which means soon we will no longer have a vehicle we all fit in. (Hubby will still have his car for work.) Not sure if we're going to try to do a last-minute day trip or not. I'd say probably not. I'm really kind of over it.

Agent E on her 3rd birthday


5. Are you a "routine" person? I tend to waffle, but yes . . . I think mostly I am.

6. Tuesday I did another photo post, and it was a lot of fun (but a lot of work) as usual. I'm thinking I could probably come up with enough photos to do posts on the following topics: Pigeon Chases Around the World, Julia Asleep in Odd Locations, Andrew Breastfeeding Across Europe, and Kids With Cats. Stay tuned.

Agent E at our family photo shoot last week
7. For those of you who have both personal and blog Facebook pages, how do you organize them? For me, my personal page is family and friends (plus a few news-related sites) and my blog page is writing-related or parenting-related pages. So, I only "like" pages related to what I blog about (parenting, homeschooling, breastfeeding, writing, etc.) on my blog Facebook page. That way, when I comment on other pages I show up as Momma in Progress, not Valerie. Yes, this has the added bonus of getting your blog name out there if you comment a lot but the real benefit is not showing up in the ticker of your personal friends' pages. On the one hand, what difference does it make if you have a blog that's public and share all kinds of details about your personal life, right? Still, I can see what comes through my personal page's ticker whenever friends comment on public pages (and a blog page is going to be public) and I think, hmm . . . as much as I love sharing with them, do all 220 of my personal friends need to read my post on XYZ Breastfeeding Site about my suggestions for toddlers who bite? Or my thoughts on birth control on Site of Random Blogger Who Is Considering Various Methods? Or my mini-rant on Blog Post That Made Zero Sense? Because I can see those kinds of posts from friends. 

Hope you have a great weekend. I'm looking forward to Hubby being home. And birthday cake. Mmm . . . cake.

2 comments :

  1. I have struggled with the FB double identity thing too. I think Aunt Annie is taking over though! I used to try to keep Candy and Aunt Annie separate- it felt like maybe some friends might struggle with my other persona. But it's become such a huge part of my life now that I just think, well, whatever, that's their problem not mine. This is my mission in this world and if you don't like it, lump it.

    So these days I am actually friends with a lot of other EC bloggers on my personal page and my personal stream is full of EC related links. So be it; it's actually more interesting than all the status updates of people's whinges about work, or about their partners, or whatever.

    I used to feel like two or three people. Now I'm starting to feel more integrated. I have a private group where I can let off steam- I rarely do that on my FB page any more- and for the rest, I'm there to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine the excitement is mounting as you prepare to move back to the States!

    ReplyDelete