Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten {Tuesday}: Ten (More) Great Children's Books

Welcome to Top Ten {Tuesday}, hosted by Angie at Many Little Blessings. Today I'm sharing a list of ten books we have out of the library right now. I know . . .  I've already done this before for another Tuesday post, but this is Children's Book Week, so I thought I'd share again.

1. Arthur, It's Only Rock 'n' Roll by Marc Brown

We come home with at least one Arthur book every week. The Agents love them.

2. Froggy Goes to the Doctor by Jonathan London

Thought this might come in handy since all three Agents had/have doctor's appointments within a ten-day period.

3. Hippos Go Berserk! by Sandra Boynton

One of our absolute favorite children's authors. We own probably a dozen of her books, but had not read this one yet.

4. In the Wild by David Elliot

Beautiful pictures and poetic language make this a good read aloud book.

Our current stash 
5. Little Whistle's Medicine by Cynthia Rylant

6. Mr. Putter & Tabby Pour the Tea by Cynthia Rylant

Both #5 and #6 are written by the same author, a new discovery we've been most pleased with. She also writes the Poppleton series. Love!

7. Mystery Math: A First Book of Algebra by David A. Adler

Some parts are a little advanced for E, but still a big hit.

8. National Geographic Kids: Meet the Mummies by Christopher Sloan

Okay, this one's a tad more graphic than I originally realized, but they seem intrigued.

9. Poop: A Natural History of the Unmentionable by Nicola Davies

I mean, who doesn't love a good book about poop?

10. The Berenstain Bears: Say Please and Thank You by Jan and Mike Berenstain

Another book series we tend to read a lot around here . . . Agent J in particular always seems to pick out one of these.

What great children's books are you reading this week?

7 comments :

  1. I always loved Sandra Boynton, so sad my kids have outgrown her. My oldest is reading Hardy Boys and my youngest likes Amelia Bedilia. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just found you at your "new" blogging home. Going to check out your blog now.

      Delete
  2. You always have such great ideas for books! We have the library on our list for the week and I'm going to look for a few that you suggested!

    I am a sucker for children's books, but I've been avoiding buying them because we have so many already! My son loves Dr. Seuss books and the book called "I Love You Stinky Face" by Lisa McCourt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've gone to the library more in the last two years than previously. We did buy a few Italian books out in town, but we could have gone crazy and bought tons, because my girls are the same way I am in a bookstore . . . all of our hearts just go pitter patter. I'm looking forward to access to the Barnes & Noble or Books a Million clearance sections again!

      Delete
  3. This is a great list. I haven't heard of a couple of these, and that is very difficult to do because children's books are a bit of an obsession of mine :-)

    By the way, I found you from the Many Little Blessings Blog Hop, and I'm a new follower :-)

    Mandy
    www.indisposablemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have lots of great picks. My kids are at an age now where they just pick out their own books, and I miss that time of working with them to pick out books to enjoy together. (Though, we do still read together anyway.)

    ReplyDelete