1. My last quick takes post was on May 11th. Yes, I know . . . nine weeks ago. I mused a little about what I've been doing instead of writing in this post.
2. I'm on a mission to minimize. We donated five boxes plus a few big baby items last week. It's a start but we have a ways to go. It's almost embarrassing to admit how many things we have that we could let go, given that we just moved them all a few weeks ago.
3. After years of co-sleeping the girls are in their own room in our new house. It's mostly working out. We occasionally have a middle-of-the-night visitor, but generally they seem fine with it.
|Fun morning in the sandbox|
4. I decided this week that I really dislike study Bibles. And Bibles that have cutesy commentaries and sidebars. I can't quite put my finger on why, but I flipped through two that I have had on my bookshelf for years, and suddenly just looking at them made me feel all grumpy. I've been struggling with daily readings, so much so that I stopped for a while because it started to feel like a chore instead of the best part of the day. I'm thinking of just doing another straight through read of the New Testament, perhaps a NKJV this time. (My preferred usual is NLT.)
5. Agent E started first grade. I still have no solid plan for this year, because quite honestly I thought she wouldn't want to even think about it for at least another month, but here we are. Look for more posts about our homeschooling adventures once I finally get my act together.
6. Hubby is out of town and I can't sleep. I've been up past midnight almost every night since he left, and it's making me crabby during the day. You would think I'd be exhausted by the time the Agents go to bed, but I just can't settle. Then every morning I think, okay, insane person, you are so going to bed at a reasonable hour tonight. And then I don't. Sigh.
|Sweet that he's such a willing participant|
7. We are still waiting for some of our things to get here. I'm really missing my coffeepot (the French press just isn't the same), Roomba (I had to break down and vacuum), and the printer (hello, trying to homeschool here). Hoping this last shipment arrives before the end of July.
And there you have my very boring quick takes for the week. I haven't written much lately (only two posts in the entire month of June and just four other than this one for July. Going to try to be less of a slacker in the upcoming weeks.
Thanks for reading and have a blessed day.