1. The rest of our stuff is arriving today! Yippee! (I may be a wee bit excited about this.) This is the shipment I wrote about in this post; basically all the things we kept out of our main household goods move and instead packed right before we shifted over to living out of suitcases. I am especially missing my Roomba and my coffeepot. The Agents will be super excited to see more of their toys. And the waffle iron.
2. Also arriving today: Hubby! He's been out of town for two weeks . . . and he leaves again soon for a few months. The two weeks were remarkably uneventful. The Agents will be glad to see him, of course, but really they were pretty chill with the whole idea. Here's hoping the next, longer separation is just as low key. (I wrote about dealing with these separations last week for a post at Connected Mom.)
3. Seems I let my snarkiness show through a couple times this week. First, with this post about all of the
conspiracy theories dangers lurking around every corner. Second, with this post about the hypocrite in all of us. Third, with this post about how we all have blinders on when it comes to our own beliefs. Wow. I'm going to have to be nice for weeks to even things out now.
|Agent J, rocking dress up time|
5. The Senior Agents, however, are having some difficulty getting out of party mode. It's now been seven weeks since we moved back to the states. In those seven weeks, we stayed in two different hotels, traveled to visit family for 11 days (staying at three different houses along the way), made two trips to Disney, and (mostly) unpacked and set up a four-bedroom house. I know it's been a lot for them to adjust to, but seriously . . . I really thought they'd be in more of a groove by now.
6. I, however, have fallen into a pretty nice "groove" for myself . . . at least as far as maintaining everyday stuff around the house goes, anyway. I don't feel overwhelmed with daily tasks the way I used to. Although I'm still trying to get myself off party time, too, it seems. While I've been enjoying some late night quiet and getting some writing done each night after the Agents go to bed, I miss being a morning person.
7. Our weekend will consist of even more unpacking and organizing. It will be nice to have all of our things in one place. So far we've managed to avoid the cluttered feel here that we had at our apartment in Italy. Granted, this place is bigger but I think we've also been more aware of how we are organizing everything.
Thanks for reading and have a blessed day.