Well, another Friday is here. Woo! Although my days pretty much all run together now, so weekends are not necessarily cause for celebration. Anyway, it's Quick Takes time. Be sure to stop by Conversion Diary and check out Jennifer's post and the others linked there.
1. I've been trying this crazy idea of embracing a basic daily routine. Nothing is set in stone, but we have a general overall rhythm to each day: Do this, do that, survive next 24 hours and repeat.
|Partners in crime|
3. I joined a gym. Well, technically, the local YMCA. The Senior Agents and I used to go to the Y all the time when we lived in Virginia a few years ago. Unfortunately one side effect of moving to Italy for just over two years was that I stopped working out. (There was a gym on base, but it did not have child care, and hubby's schedule was such that going before or after work was not going to happen.) So, prior to the last two weeks, I pretty much hadn't worked out since February 2010. Yeah, that's 2.5 years. Sigh.
4. I've been drastically limiting what I follow online. I can only check e-mail and Facebook and blog when the Agents do not otherwise have me occupied, and the less I have to weed through the better. I'd much rather follow a few interesting pages and have time to read, interact, and comment than see 100 random posts pop up in my newsfeed. I still have a bit of work to do in this area.
5. How long of a day do your kids typically have? Agent A (21 months) can handle about 12 hours. Agents E and J (6 years and 4 years) can both go strong for about 14 hours. No one naps, and for the most part everyone sleeps pretty well at night.
|This is so much fun|
6. Despite Take #1, at some point every day I realize OMG I HAVE TO DO THIS ALL AGAIN TOMORROW.
7. If you wrote your parenting resume, what job descriptions/skills would you list? I'm pretty sure mine would include Supervisor of Random Dangerous Actions, Professional Fruit Slicer, and Nudist Camp Activities Director.