Happy Friday! Today our usual Quick Takes host Jen at Conversion Diary has passed the link up to Camp Patton. Stop over and check it out.
1. I'm composing this post on Friday morning (usually I write them in advance) because for the first time in a long while I'm awake before any of the Agents. Of course this is probably not a good thing, as I went to sleep rather late last night and I'll likely be exhausted long before they are tonight. When you wake up early, do you try to go back to sleep or just get out of bed? Personally I would rather just get up and make coffee and get moving.
2. I seem to be going through another round of what I would consider writer's block. I keep thinking of these wonderful things I can blog about, but when I have time to sit down at the keyboard, nothing comes out. I don't know why. Right now I have at least a dozen potential posts on my idea list, and yet I cannot seem to make my brain and my typing fingers connect.
3. Do you ever check Snopes.com when shared "warning" messages come through your Facebook feed? Tip: If your friends are posting a message that sounds a little crazy and requesting that you share share share, you may want to check Snopes first.
|A little outside messy time before bath is always fun|
4. This week we moved dinner time so we're eating half an hour earlier. The Agents are always starving by dinner, even with an afternoon snack (or three). Plus, we're trying to take advantage of some after-dinner outside play time while it's still light enough to do so. Also, it started to feel rushed between dinner and bath time. Now instead of 30 minutes we have closer to an hour. I use this time to clean up the kitchen, get the house in "night time mode" (pulling blinds, turning on a few low lights, etc.) and relax a bit while the kiddos read or play (inside or out) and make sure their room is ready for bedtime. (And by "ready" I mean make sure there is space on the bed for people amid all the stuffed animals and that the floor is not a tripping hazard if someone wakes up in the middle of the night.)
5. Do you work out on a regular basis? Do you belong to a gym or exercise at home? The Agents are loving their time at the YMCA child care (free!) a few mornings a week while Momma exercises. Although I use the term "exercise" loosely. Sometimes I just ride a stationary bike at a slow to moderate pace so I can read more of my current book. Or walk at a not-exactly-race-walker pace on the treadmill while spacing out with the TV in front of me. Honestly, it's more for me to recharge mentally than physically at this point, and I'm okay with that. Granted, technically it is still physical exercise, but I'm not quite pushing myself. (Of course, I've already established why I won't be running a marathon any time soon.)
6. Any fellow bloggers using Google Analytics? I set it up this week but I'm still not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing with this new information.
7. This may come as a surprise, given how much we love books around here but it's only been in the last few weeks that we've developed a reading at bedtime routine. Oh, we read tons during the day, and Agent E reads to her siblings a lot, but somehow the act of reading a few books just before lights out never really caught on in our house. Now, however, Agents E and J both like to pick out 2-3 books a night for me to read. I'm thinking of adding in a more advanced chapter book (something E would have difficulty reading on her own, but would enjoy listening to).