Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Ten {Tuesday}: Abandoned Blog Ideas

Linking today's post at Many Little Blessings.

I haven't written a lot here lately. I wish I could say it's because my life is so incredibly fascinating that I just haven't found a moment to catch my breath. Or at the very least that we've been traveling, or sick, or some other worthy excuse. Nope. Alas, it's just been a combination of writer's block and lazy.

Not that I haven't had ideas at all . . . in fact, I have an ongoing list of potential blogging topics at any given time. I just don't always act on them, either because I end up incorporating bits and pieces into a larger, unrelated piece or I realize they weren't that exciting after all.

For today's Top Ten list, here's a glimpse of ten things I could have written about (in no particular order):

  1. developing a parenting/family mission statement
  2. how we (mostly) avoid food battles at our house
  3. what "school work" looks like in our homeschool
  4. the true purpose of my alone time
  5. afternoon snack ideas
  6. favorite Bible verses (this one I may still do)
  7. things I learned from Jesus (another one that may still appear)
  8. how to pack for any length trip with kids
  9. finding the "perfect" church
10. new "about" page for me (technically not a post, but probably needed)

Fellow bloggers, do you have an ever-present "write about someday" list?
Top Ten Tuesday at Many Little Blessings

Pin It!

13 comments :

  1. I have this list... And probably have completed 1/100th of it. Sigh. I haven't posted at all this month because of preparing to move and lack of words, so I'm with you on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When are you leaving Germany? And do you know where you are headed?

      Delete
  2. I try to put titles of things I don't have time to write about in my drafts. Sometimes I get to them and sometimes I don't. We just can't do it all and sometimes ideas never get realized that's OK too and later I just delete those:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do that, but then sometimes I'd look back at some really catchy title and have NO idea where I was going with it!

      Delete
  3. I have lists all over the place of potential blog topics. I even have a file on my computer of potential images to write about. Do I ever look at them when I'm frantically searching for a topic to write. Heck no. I'm a total blockhead about it. Followed you from SITS have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Evernote to keep track of ideas (and blog drafts). And I do the same thing when I'm trying to figure out what to write!

      Delete
  4. Oh Gosh yes. We have a running list of potential blog topics all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep a list of possible things to cover on my blog. Some of them I get to, some of them...never. I would love to read how you avoid food battles though! Stopping in from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will have to reconsider actually writing that post. :-)

      Delete
  6. I have a list. But it seems like every time I go to write I find myself comparing my blog to others I read and thinking, "You know, I don't really have anything interesting to write." I'm not witty, funny, or eloquent. I just am. And with how saturated the web is with blogs, I stop myself and wonder if there's even a point. Then I give up. It's a cycle of negativity for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from SITS...yes I have that list going too! Some will get written and some won't. I need to be more organized about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a bunch of things saved as "drafts" in my dashboard. Whenever I am having trouble thinking of what to write about, I pick something from there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What interesting topics! I have many ideas waiting in draft form...but many that haven't yet been written. I'm having trouble getting going this year with writing this year also for some reason.

    ReplyDelete