Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top Ten {Tuesday}: Kindle Apps My First Grader Loves

Top Ten Tuesday at Many Little Blessings I recently bought a Kindle Fire, which I love, and I often share it with Agent E. I've been amazed at how many wonderful free apps are available for a curious homeschooling first grader. All of the following were free when we downloaded them from Amazon, although that may have changed. Some are "educational" and some are "just for fun" but here's a sample of the Kindle Apps Agent E is enjoying right now.

 1. First Grade Learning Games
 3. Math Bingo

Does you child have a Kindle (or use yours)? What apps are popular at your house?

9 comments :

  1. My kids are older, but I'm VERY excited about next year, when ALL my youngest son's high school textbooks will be available on Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh . . . I hadn't even considered that. I mean, we have some random books on there now that she reads (perhaps a list for a future Top Ten {Tuesday}?) but I hadn't even thought about future use for textbooks.

      Delete
    2. Also just noticed that two of the above are technically "books" not "apps" (although one is an interactive quiz book) so I've already screwed up my own list. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. I'll be traveling soon to see my grandchildren, I will look these up. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope they enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by, Vicki.

      Delete
  3. I am bookmarking this IMMEDIATELY. My third-grader got a Kindle Fire for Christmas, and I am always looking for good apps for it...thank you! Stopping by from SITS. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's only a matter of time before E wants her *own* Kindle. Especially as she gets older and starts using it more for school. Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  4. I have a Kindle app on my iPad. I wonder if any of these would work that way? Otherwise I;m going to check and see if there are any iPad apps like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I'm always bummed when I see apps that look cool but won't work on the Kindle (like most of the Disney apps).

      Delete