Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten {Tuesday}: Momma's Kindle Favorites

Top Ten Tuesday at Many Little Blessings Linking up once again with Angie at Many Little Blessings for Top Ten {Tuesday}. Today I'm sharing what apps/books I have saved as favorites on my Kindle.

1. Bible. I actually have two of these in my favorites: YouVersion (which I prefer, but you need an Internet connection to use) and a copy of the ESV (not my favorite, but the only free, complete Bible I could find . . . and sometimes I want to read when I don't have a connection, like at the Y).

2. Books. I include whatever books I am currently reading here, just to make them easier to find.

3. Calendar. I don't use this calendar per se (no appointments, notes, to-do's in it), but I keep it accessible in case I want to quickly check a date on something. And, sometimes I literally cannot remember what day it is and I need an easy reference.

4. Disney Hours. This app shows the WDW park hours (including magic hours), as well as show and parade times, for any date you put in. I added this to my favorites when we made yet another Disney trip earlier this month, and never removed it. Since we don't usually go too long between trips, I just decided to leave it there.

Agents with Duffy earlier in March
5. E-mail. Love having a super-quick way to check both my personal and my blog e-mail.

6. Evernote. This is my primary method of creating blog drafts, as well as keeping track of the pages on the blog (i.e., the tabs across the top; check them out hint hint) so that I can update them easily. Any edits I make here automatically sync up with Evernote on my laptop.

7. Facebook. The only think I don't like about this app is that I can only access one newsfeed. So, I can see my entire personal newsfeed, but I can only see my own page profile, not its associated newsfeed. 

8. Kindle FreeTime. For Agent E . . . she has tons of books and games loaded on "her" Kindle that she absolutely loves. I'm always on the lookout for new apps to complement what we're studying in School With Mommy. I wrote about some of them here.

9. Silk. I use this mostly to browse my own blog homepage . . . every day I scroll through the Blogs I Love list and click on any new posts that have popped up since my last check. Other than that, I don't do a lot of Internet surfing on the Kindle; I prefer to wait until I have my laptop out.

10. Weather. Specifically, The Weather Channel app. (Agent E has this one on hers, too. She's weirdly obsessed with the weather. It's one of the first things I check every day, so she probably gets it from me.)

Do you have a Kindle (or similar device)? What features do you use most often?

4 comments :

  1. Hi from HHM.
    Just recently purchased a kindle for my husband as a b-day gift. We haven't had much time get to know it. Thanks for all of the tips!

    I still addicted to books. Trying to decide if I could ever transition to an e-reader.

    jeannine:waddleeahchaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. You know, I thought the same thing. I am a Book Person. I like to read "real" books, mess with the pages, highlight, etc. Yet, I LOVE my Kindle. At first I was skeptical, but now I'm wondering why I waited so long to get one. It really does grow on you!

      Delete
  2. Hello! I found you from the Christian Mommy Blogger linkup. What kind of Kindle do you have? It must be one of the ipad-ish ones. I have one but I only use it to read books, because that's pretty much all it does. Yours seems very useful and multi-functional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Kindle Fire. I originally wanted a basic Kindle, but after some convincing from Hubby I decided to go with the Fire. And of course now I love it and am so glad I went with this model. Thanks for stopping by! I still need to go back to CMB and peruse more of the links. Maybe at bedtime, ha!

      Delete