01 September 2015

10 Years, 10 Changes

Because I love a good list, I’m linking up once again with Tuesday Ten. Today’s topic: for better or worse, 10 things that have changed in your life in the past 10 years. 

In no particular order, these are ten big and small happenings in my life in the last decade.

Since September 2005 I have . . .

 . . . given birth three times. I now have a nine-year-old, a seven-year-old, and an almost-five-year-old. And no, there won’t be any more.

Our youngest little moose at 3 months
 . . . lived in four different places. Our family has moved from Virginia to Italy (it’s not as exciting as it sounds, really), Italy to Florida (yay, Mickey Mouse!), and Florida to New York. 

 . . . survived three deployments and countless workups and schools (times where Hubby is gone for weeks, possibly months, at a time but not technically deployed).

Agent J hanging out in Captain Daddy's chair
 . . . experienced the death of a close family member. My father died in November 2014, after what was pretty much the longest year ever.

Three-year-old me and my dad
. . . applied for a passport. Since March 2010 I have been on four continents and visited a dozen countries (all with the Agents in tow).

With Agent J at the top of the Eiffel Tower
 . . . began homeschooling, which was not even on my radar until a few weeks before Agent E was due to begin kindergarten. (We just started year five.)

Two of my students
. . . lost two pets, one in January 2010 and one just last month. My house is now pet-less for the first time in 21 years. (We had one other cat who died in 2004.)

This kitty traveled more than most people I know.
 . . . made some major revelations about my faith and finally admitted that things were not as I thought they were.

. . . started this blog. It has changed a lot over the last five years, but it’s remained a consistent outlet for both homeschool record keeping and my own sanity.

. . . traveled with all three kids by myself for the first time. Definitely one of those things where thinking about it is harder than actually doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment