22 December 2016

Dinner Party Game With a Homeschool Twist

If you are a friend of mine IRL you might have seen this on my personal Facebook page a few months back, but I thought it would make a good blog post, so I’m rewriting it here.

Trying to minimize any prompting on my end, I asked the Senior Agents the “what famous people would you invite to a dinner party” question, limiting them to living people. {Although introvert Agent E suggested maybe inviting them all over individually, at different times, ha. She is so my kid.} I stopped them at 15; they could have gone on. 

Here’s who they came up with {in alphabetical order by first name}:
  1. Bill Nye
  2. Daniel Radcliffe
  3. David Attenborough
  4. Emma Watson
  5. George Lucas
  6. Ginnifer Goodwin
  7. Hillary Clinton
  8. Jane Goodall
  9. Jennifer Morrison
  10. JK Rowling
  11. Malala Yousifazi
  12. Neil DeGrasse Tyson
  13. Rick Riordan
  14. Richard Dawkins
  15. Taylor Swift
Then I had another idea, being the Brilliant Homeschool Mom that I am. Ahem.

We should totally write letters to all these people, telling them why we admire them. They already enjoy letter-writing {they have a pen pal in Australia} so it will be easy to get them on board. If I were really on top of planning {which I’m not} I might suggest we cut the list down to 12 and add it to the calendar to finish one per month. {We school year round, so we could make that work.}

It will be a neat little exercise and allow the Agents to practice their writing skills. They will have so much fun coming up with what to say and revising their letters, they won’t even care that the chance of them hearing back will be practically nonexistent. Language arts homeschooling win.

No comments:

Post a Comment